Sunday, July 11, 2010

Piles of projects...

There are a ton of things I want to do craft-wise, as usual. So many that I have a hard time even finishing one thing. I was working on crocheting baby pullover but then I stopped when it got to the sleeves, mainly because I am still very new to crochet and got a little confused without my crochet master sister there to tell me how to increase. Then I started working on my first crocheted hat, a baby hat, but I didn't like how the pattern was turning out, so I unraveled all of my progress and I had been crocheting all day. Now I finally settled on a spiraled blanket knit pattern (six years familiar with knitting!) called Ten Stitch Twist on raverly.com. It's an awesome website and I can just spend hours sifting through patterns.

Aside from yarn-related projects, my friend inspired me to make paper-crane decorations to hang, because she is doing the same thing. She said that she is over halfway with making 1000 cranes. Should have asked her how long that took. Also I would like to start making collages again. I used to do that all the time when I was a lot younger, but stopped and let writing and drawing take over. I miss it.

I also would like to make spiraled coasters, spiraled placemats, spiraled throws, but first I will finish this spiraled blanket, and all the other projects I never finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment